Friday, January 22, 2010

What the HECK!!

Okay so I'm definitely frustrated. I have oddly been gaining weight. Not too big of a deal but I have gained more SINCE the holidays than I gained DURING the holidays. What's up with that? I am working out regularly, so I'm telling myself that it's MUSCLE from all the strength training I've been doing... don't pop my bubble, my self esteem is on the line!

I haven't had a computer for nearly a week; the darn thing just decided not to start one day. I was in a panic for fear of the THOUSANDS of pictures and important files that I thought were surely lost. Luckily I just got the darling back from the computer-fixer-man and he was able to recover it all... sigh. I will now be busy completing the back-up files I had begun earlier; though now I will be sure to finish!!! I'm so happy to have it all back!!!

We're moving AGAIN. This will be #7 in 10 years. Moving sucks! I'm looking forward to this move though. New house. 1 acre. Out in the country. Closer to my family {and still close to my husband's family}. More room. Better school. It's going to be FABULOUS!!!

Still training hard and feeling great. I am hoping to run on Saturdays {my big run day} with some friends. We went out last Saturday and it was great fun. And I scored BIG time... my friend's husband offered to watch my kids too... maybe I should build him a cake or something! Thanks D, you're so awesome! 5 miles tomorrow, it's going to be GREAT!

4 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

I'm having the EXACT same problem with working my butt off and still gaining weight. i agree. What the heck?! congrats on the move, sounds like our dream home as well : )

karen@fitnessjourney said...

If you have been doing more weight training, don't sweat the gain. You are probably right about building muscle. I've been working out religiously for the past 10 weeks (minimum of 5 days/week) and have not lost a pound, but I am seeing improvement and have lost inches. It is nice to have that number telling you that you are headed in the right direction. Have you used a tape measure to see if you have lost inches?

Kim said...

You are not alone, I am not seeing any improvement on the scale. Damian suggested that it is because it is winter and our bodies are latching onto fat for insulation. I guess we will see when it gets warmer if it actually starts coming off.

Kim said...

P.S. please don't build us a cake I won't be able to resist.

Nike Trainer

Related Posts with Thumbnails