Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You Are What You Eat


What?  A post?  I know, I know!  It's been ages and even then the posts had been sporadic and lame at best.  I gotcha.  But I figure there's only a few people who actually read this blog; it's mostly for myself anyway.  It's one way I hold myself accountable.  It's one way I stay motivated.  It's a place I keep information on health & fitness for later use.  It's my fitness log.  It's also the start of a new year and though I'm still a couple weeks out from my 6 week postpartum mark, I'm starting to workout again.  And thus the resurrection of GET FIT Ü

I am thoroughly convinced that You Are What You Eat.  I've always hated that phrase.  But it's true!  Those last 3 months of my pregnancy I was on such a strict HEALTHY diet.  And if I only consider how I felt physically {nothing to do with pregnancy}, I felt amazing.  I didn't even feel pregnant most times {besides the heart burn}.  Then, baby arrives, I get the all clear and what do I do?  I gorge on all the things I craved and missed - Carbs, Sugar, Large Quantities... and guess what... I feel like CRAP!  I feel bogged down and sluggish {and I can't blame it on the baby because she sleeps great}.  I can tell a HUGE difference.

So what I'm going to try to do is modify the diet I was given.  The key is to eat lots of fresh produce and monitor portions.  I'm not going to weigh anything or measure anything like I had to on that diet;  but I did get pretty good at eyeballing things.  And though I fully intend on having things that I couldn't have before {like a slice a homemade bread fresh out of the oven} I will have to be really careful at the amounts of those things I have!  Because of having gestational diabetes I have a 50% chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes in the next 5 years so I have to be that much more committed to eating healthy and exercising!

And just because I think it's funny:

1 comments:

Kim said...

Love it! I am trying really hard with the food thing as well. My fitness pal is a great way for me to keep on track. It is free and when I stay up on it an watch what i eat that is when I see changes on the scale.

Nike Trainer

Related Posts with Thumbnails